Our Life

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Movin' on up, to the east side . . .

Of New Orleans, that is! Yep, we're moving back to NOLA in just a few weeks. It is bittersweet because we have enjoyed Shreveport and its sad to say goodbye to new friends, but at the same time we are really excited to get back to New Orleans. I would have never dreamed it, but God really has given us such a heart and love for the city so we've been looking forward to going back since we left. We will be living on campus and both of us have jobs on campus too. Pray that the transition time will be good because I tend to get stressed during change. Can anyone relate? I'm also anticipating it being pretty emotional when we return. Most of my kids that I saw for work lived in the ninth ward and I have only heard from 5 of 25 families that I did therapy with. I want to try to find out about them, but I know it might not be good news. Please just pray for our hearts as we go back. We've been so blessed and we want to share that hope and blessing with a hurting city.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

That is exciting news! Although probably different in ways, we understand how bittersweet it is and also how God has given us a heart for the city. Stephen and I would have loved to have been in the middle of school so we could have moved back. Where are you guys working?

6:15 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Counting the days.....

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's fun to catch up with you on your blog! I'm glad you got to visit your family, and so excited to hear about your move! It's been something new every year for you two! :) I miss you guys!
Love,
Amy (and Stephen)

10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. A friend sent me a link to the TECH bloggers and here's my most favorite cousin. See you next weekend!

Jay

6:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So how are things in N.O.? Miss ya'll.

12:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Coley-O! It's Phennifer and I need your address so I can send you a wedding invitation to my wedding. Leave it on my xanga, call me, or email me. jennphenn@yahoo.com. Love ya and I hope that you're doing well!

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home