Our Life

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Dads and another cute baby!


Two weekends ago, Chad and I made a spontaneous trip to north Mississippi. My dad was going to be there visiting his family, it was my dad's birthday, we hadn't seen the family since October and we had a 7 week old cousin that we had never met. It was great to be able to get away and to see all the family for the weekend. Kate, our cousin, was the best baby and is such a cute little girl.



Dad is going to be a great grandpa someday!


So I mentioned that it was my dad's birthday. He has the biggest sweet tooth this side of the Mississippi and a mom that spoils him, which means that he had two banana puddings and a german chocolate cake waiting for him when he arrived. For some reason I didn't think about us having candles and singing, so when I got hungry in the afternoon, I just took a good number of bites of the amazing german chocolate cake. Well, you can see in the picture that I slightly messed up the take-a-picture-with-your-cake-and-candles thing. Oh well, the cake was really just that good!!


For Father's Day, we decided to meet Chad's family in Baton Rouge to do some grilling. I didn't really understand why Mr. Boone was cooking for us on Father's Day, but Chad said he loves cooking/grilling so much that we should just let him. I really think Chad just loves eating what his dad cooks!! The girls played cards while the boys threw the football and Mr. Boone slaved away over the grill. We had a feast of steaks, baked potatoes, corn, salad, rolls and brownies. What a great day! Chad and I are both blessed with incredible dads!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey guys! Chad thanks for the great reference. we miss you guys a lot. Cole what is your email? I would love to keep up with you that way.

Love,
jen grady
jennifergrady_@hotmail.com

11:14 AM  
Blogger Cole said...

Hey Jen! Congrats on getting the job . . . you're stealing my boss! My email is cole2627@hotmail.com or financialaid@nobts.edu. Good to hear from you!

Cole

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home